Womenzone Community Centre
BBC Children In Need programme
*It is an occupational requirement for this role to have a female (respective of post requirements) worker under the Equality Act 2010, Section 9 Part 1
This expanding and leading women only organisation is looking for an experienced Project Worker to support an exciting new project ‘Stronger Together’ funded by BBC Children in Need. The project will raise awareness of Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE) and directly seek to tackle the issue of CSE amongst young women in Bradford, particularly targeting the Asian community. The role entails undertaking initial engagement and supporting users to overcome barriers and participate in interventions that lead to increased confidence, knowledge and awareness to be able to recognize and avoid exploitation. Key elements of the post include developing close working relationships with partner organisations and establishing referral mechanisms. The post holder will also ensure outcomes and targets are met, develop monitoring systems and assist with reporting to the funder.
- To develop and maintain working partnerships with a range of statutory, private and voluntary agencies.
- To liaise with partners to identify individuals and target groups and to establish appropriate referral mechanisms.
- To undertake a range of outreach activities via community, schools, home visits, and through other channels.
- Develop a programme of engagement workshops/events/facilitated discussions at a range of schools and community centres.
- To educate young people and their mothers about CSE and create safe spaces for open dialogue within families about relationships, sex and exploitation.
- To assess the needs of young people and undertake initial engagement and develop individual action plans and interventions.
- To mentor and support individuals to encourage attendance on the programme.
- To assist with the promotion and marketing of the project through promotional activities, developing publicity material and use of internet and social media.
- To represent the project and attend relevant meetings.
- To maintain accurate and up to date records of work undertaken.
- To develop effective monitoring and evaluation systems and produce reports.
Essential criteria candidates must have:
- A recognised qualification at Level 3 (or above) in Health & Social Care, Youth and Community or Community Studies.
- A minimum of two years’ experience of working with and advocating for vulnerable young girls (10-18yrs) and women.
- A minimum of two years’ experience of working with disadvantaged communities with specific focus on Asian women and girls
- A proven track record of achieving in output and outcomes based targets projects
- Experience of working on one’s own initiative and within a team
For an application pack please visit www.womenzonecc.co.uk or contact centre staff on 01274 665 270 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
**This post is subject to 3 month probation and satisfaction of DBS checks