Closing date: 15th September 2017 5pm
This person will report to: Board of Trustees.
Annual salary: £28000 gross + pension + expenses
Contract: 1st February 2019
Number of hours worked per week: 37.5
We’re a Bradford Based charity which began life in 2007 as ‘The Hidden Homeless’. We were founded and run by Gary Staniforth following his own experiences of being homeless, vulnerable and lacking in support.
Since then the organisation has evolved and grown. Gary is now our Marketing and Partnerships Manager and produces our Hidden Voices magazine. We have six members of staff in total working together and delivering our unique offer across multiple sites, to a wide group of clients.
We’re champions of positive change in the lives of vulnerable people. We provide training and activities to improve mental health, raise self-esteem and build confidence in the people we work with. We give our clients the power to regain control of their lives.
At Hidden Voices, we keep our focus on who we are working for. We pride ourselves on the exceptional relationships that we can build with our clients and the way in which that shapes the services we offer. Our team are able to draw upon their own lived experience which gives them a special kind of authenticity.
We work with people who are experiencing mental health issues such as depression, anxiety, and mood disorders, to those rebuilding their lives after abusive relationships. We support people who are recovering from addictive behaviour such as drinking or using drugs and those who have found themselves isolated and stuck.
Our core work is Life Coaching and SMART recovery which is supported by wrap around sessions of Cook and Eat and Creative Hub.
Overview of role;
As Project Manager at Hidden Voices you will be responsible for all aspects of running the organisation.
Managing our team:
• You’ll motivate and encourage our team with regular support and supervision sessions and 6 monthly appraisals.
• Provide individual direction and guidance to staff as services grow and develop.
• Lead team meetings and resolve any issues as they occur.
• Manage attendance and performance.
• Ensure that staff have appropriate training and look at ongoing development.
• Liaise with our payroll provider to ensure salaries and pensions are administered correctly.
• Ensure that each team member is fulfilling their role.
• Coordinate and brief sessional workers.
• Recruit induct and train new team members.
Managing our Project
• You’ll manage the project finances, taking care of tracking income and expenditure in line with the project budget.
• Liaising with our delivery partners to make sure our services are running as planned.
• Monitoring our performance against our targets to ensure we’re on track to deliver our project outcomes.
• Preparing reports for our funders and keeping them up to date with developments and changes.
• Representing our staff, clients and organisations’ best interests.
• Overseeing the marketing and promotion of the project as per the marketing plan to bring in client referrals.
• Ensure team engagement with our new online client management database.
• Oversee production of our quarterly magazine ‘Hidden Voices’
Developing our Project:
• Evaluating our services to promote their benefits to potential funders/commissioners.
• Planning new work and developing funding bids/commissioning to deliver.
• Identifying ways to generate additional income.
• Achieving accreditation for our courses.
• Develop our new website to become a resource for existing and potential clients.
• Build relationships with key people to develop commissioning potential.
• Attend network meetings and make appropriate contacts.
Other duties include
• Carrying out appropriate risk assessments.
• Using IT systems to keep track of people and progress of projects.
• Updating our internal policies and procedures.
• Reporting bi-monthly to the Trustees and attending board meetings.
• Project Management experience.
• Experience of working with vulnerable people groups.
• Ability to work sensitively with staff team.
• Ability to lead a team.
• Tendering/Bid writing experience.
• Organisational skills.
• Well-developed interpersonal skills.
• Numeracy skills.
• Commercial/business awareness.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Diplomacy skills
• Ability to motivate others
• Personal experience of dealing with the kind of issues faced by our clients such as poor mental health, drug/alcohol addiction, abusive relationships, homelessness and poverty.