We are looking for an Employer Engagement / Retention specialist, who is passionate about mental health, for a new and exciting role at The Cellar Trust.
The purpose of the role is to identify and engage with employers who can offering work placements and employment opportunities, which match the skills, experiences and aspirations of our service users. To work with service users struggling with their mental health at work, retain their employment.
The Employer Engagement / Retention Specialist will ensure that they continually identify and build relationships with schools and employers, providing support to service users and education professionals. The role will also include offering advice about employability for service users and ensure that all activities are matched appropriately with individual needs.
The post holder will also add additional value to the team by helping to develop ways to support service users’ personal development and transition to further education and employment.
Role responsibilities include:
- To effectively seek out employers who are willing to provide work experience placements and employment opportunities (which match the service user’s skills, experience and aspirations);
- To develop professional, long-lasting and mutually beneficial relationships with employers;
- To work collaboratively with the Pathways to Employment Lead to identify new opportunities and to confidently, and successfully, identify areas where The Cellar Trust services may be of interest to employers and corporate partners;
- To establish, develop, and maintain an in-depth knowledge of local labour markets, issues affecting service users, government policy and to share with others within the team;
- To confidently, and professionally, promote The Cellar Trust services by representing the organization at appropriate events and presenting aims and objectives to potential employers, which in turn would increase the awareness of the services offered by the organization;
- Offer ongoing employer support, including other services of The Cellar Trust, in the form of planning for future placement requirements with a view to retaining, and developing, the employer;
- The post holder will support service users with their workplace wellbeing and mediate with employer enabling them to retain their employment;
- The post holder will have basic knowledge of the Equality Act 2010 with regards to mental health;
- The post holder will support the Team Lead and deputies in their absence when necessary.
For the full role responsibilities and person specification please refer to the job description https://www.thecellartrust.org/about-the-cellar-trust/working-for-us/employer-engagement-officer/
Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form