Mpika Village of Hope operates a very large charity shop based in Black Dyke Mills, Queensbury, Bradford. It supports an orphanage and school in Zambia. We are looking for an experienced individual that has a flair for recruiting, retaining and supervising volunteers.
The candidate will have worked in the third sector with experience of training, development and the building skills of volunteers.
It will be a highly rewarding role, working in a friendly atmosphere.
- Develop a volunteering policy
- Identify, assess and control health and safety risks
- Develop structures, systems and procedures to support volunteering
- Manage the recruitment and placement of volunteers
- Advertise for volunteers
- Manage the induction of volunteers
- Plan, organise and monitor volunteering activities
- Lead and motivate volunteers
- Support the development of volunteers’ knowledge, skills and competence
- Provide one-to-one support to help volunteers develop
- Enable volunteers to work in teams
- Maintain records of volunteers
- Manage volunteers’ expenses
- Help address problems affecting volunteers
- Manage and continuously develop your resources for managing volunteers
- Develop productive working relationships with volunteers and other stakeholders
- Manage projects involving volunteers
- Lead and participate in meetings involving volunteers
£12 per hour 18 hours per week. One year contract with possible extension. (Hours to be arranged with the successful candidate).
How to apply
Please email a covering letter and CV to email@example.com
For questions about the role, please telephone Brian Newham on 07948 189585.