CHAIRPERSON, KEIGHLEY PRIDE
The Chair has the overall responsibility for directing the affairs of the organisation and for ensuring that it is solvent, well-run and delivering the charitable outcomes for which it has been established.
● Chairing the Board of Trustees, who exercise joint responsibility for managing the affairs of the organisation.
● Ensuring that the organisation is managed in accordance with its constitution and Articles of Association.
● Ensuring that the organisation conducts its business in compliance with relevant legal provisions.
● Overseeing the management and operation of the organisation, and taking action where necessary, in conjunction with responsible volunteers.
● Securing the financial well-being of the organisation.
● Overseeing the organisation has sufficient suitable Trustees and volunteers.
● Promoting and protecting the interests of the organisation, its beneficiaries and volunteers through strong and visible leadership.
● Representing the organisation in external fora and relationships.
● Being a strong voice for the LGBTQ+ community
● Ability and willingness to effectively discharge the duties of a Trustee (see Trustee role description above).
● Leadership ability
● Strong communication and organisational skills.
● Experience of corporate governance and financial management.
● Willingness to devote the necessary time to the work of the Trust.
● Previous experience as a Chair of Trustees