The role of Team Leader is to enable disabled people (including people with a learning disability) to be involved in the work and plans of People First Keighley and Craven.
A key element of this role is to ensure that paid members of staff act as support and Development Workers rather than leaders, the aim of our charity it to support our members to run the organisation, this makes us a true Disabled People Organisation (DPO), in short all aspects of this role are in a supporting capacity and are accountable to the Board of Trustees.
- Budget responsibilities
- Operational delivery
- To actively the management & supervision of paid development workers
- Management & responsibilities of volunteers & placements
- To actively support, encourage and enable self-empowered and /or support for the individual
- To develop and give talks, training sessions and presentations to other organisations and groups as required.
- To respond positively to referrals and enquires from individuals, family and paid carers, local authorities departments, outside agencies and medical professionals.
- To respond positively and proactively in referring and signposting to other agencies where necessary.
- To maintain own workload
- To identify own training needs
- To provide information for the production of publicity material including leaflets and posters etc
- To share information and develop the cultural awareness of the districts Ethnic Communities with colleagues to enable them to better address the needs of the community as a whole.
- To work towards the business outcomes of the organisation.
- To comply with all Health & Safety Legislation and all legal frameworks that the organisations adheres to
- To enable and empower individuals who are particularly vulnerable access to benefit advice, support and representation within a non-statutory self and group advocacy framework.
Job Description and Person Specification