Bradford Hate Crime Alliance Ltd is looking for a Treasurer, to assist the Board of Trustees and Director with the financial management of the charity, offering oversight and guidance as the organisation continues its efforts to diversify income streams.
The Purpose of BHCA is to eliminate hate crime by working collaboratively to provide a formal structure for reporting hate crime within our communities. Co-ordinating reporting pathways, encouraging joined-up working and supporting victims of hate crime and their families.
BHCA is a registered Charity and Company limited by guarantee. It has a track record of over 25 years of developing anti-hate strategies, delivering third party hate crime reporting pathways and supporting victims of hate crime. The governance is representative of experienced practitioners from Health, Housing, Community Work, Police and Business.
What will you be doing?
• Reviewing Bradford Hate Crime Alliance financial performance, ensuring effective controls in place at all times, delegating responsibilities to the Director.
• Reviewing policies for finance and investment and advising the board accordingly.
• Responsible for facilitating the preparation of the annual accounts.
• Ensuring budgets, forecasts and cash flows are prepared on a timely basis.
• Presenting quarterly management accounts to the board.
• Assist the board in identifying and evaluating risks the charity may face
• Up to eight board meetings (2hrs each) a year currently held at BHCA's office, and to offer time to support staff and initiatives within Bradford Hate Crime Alliance as required.
• A commitment to attend some events by Bradford Hate Crime Alliance and any other key meetings, where appropriate.
What are we looking for?
The role of this Trustee will be to assist the Board of Trustees and Director with the financial management of the charity, offering oversight and guidance as the organisation continues its efforts to diversify income streams.
You will lead on the financial strategy for the charity as well as the creation of the annual accounts.
Application and Selection Process – Dates for your diary:
• Application’s Closing Date: 30th June 2019.
Please apply using the application form stating why you wish to join the organisation, how your skills would add value to the board and any other relevant information. Please note, reference check will be obtained for the successful candidate.
For an informal discussion please contact the Director on 07490 813577 or firstname.lastname@example.org