We are committed to continuing to develop our services in order to help more people experiencing mental health problems and to finding new supporters to help make this happen. We appointed a professional fundraiser for the first time in 2015 and now have an established fundraising function which includes a mix of support from trusts and foundations, individuals, corporates and community sources. We want to take our fundraising to the next level and so we are looking to recruit a Fundraising Manager who will focus specifically on corporate fundraising and individual giving. The role will also involve working with a consultancy who will deliver our trusts and foundations programme.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced fundraiser with a track record of success in corporate fundraising and/or individual giving. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone full of ideas, passion and a desire to make their mark through building new income streams. You will need to be creative, highly motivated and proactive, well organised and confident working as part of a team, and independently.
- Responsible to the Chief Executive Officer.
- No direct line-management responsibilities.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Establish a comprehensive fundraising strategy, including income targets, to develop new supporters (corporates and individuals) as a key income stream for the charity.
- Work closely with colleagues to explore and develop The Cellar Trust’s corporate offer, including delivery of mental health training and workplace wellbeing as a key component of corporate partnerships.
- Develop fledgling partnerships and research new corporate prospects through market research, networking, and working closely with colleagues across the organisation.
- Develop compelling proposals and presentations for prospective new corporate partners that align with their core business/CSR objectives.
- Manage relationships with corporate partners through high quality stewardship, to include an appropriate and consistent level of contact.
- Develop, implement and manage a range of individual giving programmes to maximise income through one-off donations and regular giving.
- Develop a supporter journey plan to actively retain and grow commitments.
- Develop an appropriate programme of relationship management/ stewardship for individual donors.
- Work closely with the Communications Officer to create compelling fundraising materials that articulate The Cellar Trust story and case for support effectively.
- Review options relating to donor management software and ensure that appropriate technological infrastructure is established.
- Develop management tools that allow for campaign analysis and evaluation.
- Lead on the management of supporter data to ensure the Cellar Trust complies with data protection legislation.
- Work with the Finance Manager to ensure that opportunities to realise gift aid income are maximised.
- Work closely with other stakeholders and suppliers, internally and externally, to ensure that the organisation’s trusts and foundations programme is effectively managed.
- Act as an ambassador for the Trust, attending external events and public speaking as required.
- Work closely with the Finance Manager and Chief Executive Officer to prepare and monitor the fundraising budget, including development and monitoring of fundraising KPIs.
- Keep abreast of developments in legislation and regulatory control relating to fundraising and ensure that all fundraising is conducted in line with these and with the Code of Fundraising Practice.
Job Description and Person Specification
Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form