Bradford Refugee Forum (registered charity no. 1171078) are looking for someone with financial knowledge to join our Board of Trustees as Treasurer.
What you will be doing:
- Book keeping
- Cash handling, processing receipts and making payments
- Producing quarterly financial reports and presenting them to the board of trustees
- Producing accounts for the Charity Commission in line with their requirements
- Claiming back Giftaid
- Attending monthly board meetings to take part in the running and ongoing development of BRF and its projects (one Wednesday a month 4-5pm).
- Knowledge and ability in finance practices
- Knowledge of legal requirements and financial duties of charities
- Understanding and acceptance of legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
This is a voluntary position with travel expenses paid. However if you are an accountant who would take on this role for a fee, Bradford Refugee Forum would be happy to negotiate with you.
To apply, please send a filled in application form to email@example.com, or contact us for more information.