Job Title: Support Time Recovery Worker : Liaison & Diversion
1 x Kirklees | 37 hours per week
Scale: Starting salary £21,589 pa/pro rata
Reporting to: Liaison and Diversion Practice Manager or Liaison and Diversion Coordinator
Job Ref: L&DMay2019
Location:Primarily at Police Stations across West Yorkshire, but with the potential to undertake duties and cover at other Police stations across the West Yorkshire district.
Workstyle: Workplace Based
Overall Purpose of the Post:
To directly contribute to achieving the aims of the Liaison and Diversion Team, specifically :-
- To contribute to the development and delivery of the Liaison and Diversion Service, by working in partnership with other agencies to reduce health inequalities within a specific targeted group within the criminal justice system.
- To make referrals to the appropriate services and to encourage and support young people and vulnerable adults to access statutory and voluntary sector services so that health and social outcomes may be improved.
- To contribute to community safety and crime reduction strategies by working in partnership with other criminal justice agencies to achieve a reduction in offending and re-offending.
- To promote the welfare of vulnerable adults, children and young people, and to promote their capacity for change and social inclusion.
- To deliver and review interventions within a framework informed by research evidence and best practice guidance, which is underpinned by principles of anti-discriminatory practice.
- To positively engage vulnerable adults, children and young people at risk of social exclusion and their families, enabling their participation in the planning, delivery and review of services.
- To build and maintain positive relations with the Substance Misuse treatment services in the area and be the point of contact within the Liaison and Diversion team for substance misuse information.
For more information about this role, please see the full job description and person specification.
Download application form here - and also from the Bridge website at www.thebridgeproject.org.uk
Please note we do not accept CVs
Interviews will take place Monday 24th June 2019.