Business & Operations Coordinator
We are looking for a full-time Business & Operations Coordinator to join our team at the co-op’s centre, Bread + Roses in Bradford.
This is an exciting role within our co-operative community and we are looking for a creative individual with excellent communication and organisational skills to shape the way the organisation operates.
- To act as a point of contact in the building, by email and phone.
- To develop the cooperative’s internal communication strategy.
- To liaise with colleagues to ensure the building is staffed 9am to 6pm Mon-Fri and for events.
- To work with team in delegating tasks to paid employees, members and volunteers.
- To maintain a record of building users, members, events, and participants as part of our evaluation and monitoring.
- To ensure the board and co-ordinators are provided with minutes of meetings, financial reports, in a timely fashion.
Events and Marketing
- To keep the co-op calendar up to date and cross-check events with members, clients, co-ordinators.
- To assist the development of a programme of events with the team.
- To promote and oversee the management of co-working, meeting room, and venue hire, and produce monthly sales report.
- Make daily social media posts about what’s going on in the coop and make press releases when appropriate.
Finance and Monitoring
- To manage financial payments including card payments and BACS transfers.
- Recording invoices and payments using our online accountancy software including bank feed reconciliation.
- To maintain appropriate finance sheets for sales, PAYE, freelance fees, events costs, in conjunction with co-ordinators.
- Working with the coordinators, accountant, board members to develop the co-op’s finance and sales policies and procedures.
- Work as part of a cooperative environment as part of an exciting community wealth building project.
- Professional development with mentor from our non-executive board of directors and training budget.
- Access to facilities
- Be a central part of a creative community
- Be part of the co-operative movement with opportunities to attend expenses paid trips on behalf of the coop
- Inspiration and peer-support
- Recognised qualifications are not essential for application for this role, but we appreciate qualifications or experience in any of the following areas:
- Arts administration
- Arts management
- Business-related studies, e.g. finance, logistics, marketing and HR
- Community organisations and development
- Events and entertainment management
- Arts and design
- Relevant experience of a supportive administrative role within an organisation.
- Practical experience of working with customers, clients and local community.
- Knowledge and experience of maintaining financial spreadsheets.
- Experience of database management.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Good communication, teamwork, interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines and manage a number of projects at the same time.
- Administrative skills and experience of working to budgets.
- Excellent IT skills including spreadsheets and social media.
- Experience of working in the third and private sectors underpinned by relevant training.
- Experience and knowledge of using google drive products.
- An understanding and acceptance of collective working, equal opportunities and other relevant policies.
- Knowledge of, and an interest in, the arts and community sector.
About the co-operative
This is an exciting time in our development and we are expecting many positive changes ahead of us as we expand and grow. We aim to build an inclusive and co-operative platform for the benefit of our members and the people of Bradford, including an agency of freelancers, small businesses and consultants that provide expert services together and an open & supportive space for the people of Bradford to come together.
We are proud to be part of a global co-operative movement, towards a fairer, more equal and more rewarding way of working.
Our cafe provides vegetarian and vegan cuisine throughout the day and is available as an events space during evenings and weekends. Our members get discount and have access to shared facilities and resources. You can park your bike immediately outside and £3 all day car parking is within a two minute walk. Furthermore, Bradford has excellent transport links. Since 2018 we have established a thriving and diverse community of artists, community groups and activists, freelance professionals, small businesses, entrepreneurs, and we are part of a wider creative community with extensive links across Bradford and West Yorkshire. We invite you to be part of our community and help us to build a home for creativity and enterprise in Bradford.
Please visit our websites and social media here:
We are an equal opportunity employer, striving for diversity. We welcome applications from groups which are currently underrepresented in the arts and community sector.
How to apply
View/download: Business & Operations Coordinator
Please send your current CV, a covering letter along with 2 references to email@example.com by Monday 22nd July.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 24th - Friday 26th July at Bread+Roses, 14 North Parade, Bradford, BD1 3HT.