This role involves providing relief cover for Mind in Bradford's Guide-Line telephone helpline service and Sanctuary Crisis Support Service.
Guide-Line is for residents of Bradford, Craven, Airedale and Wharfedale and offers confidential advice and guidance. It is receiving an increasing number of calls and dealt with 4,827 calls in the last six months. There is a dedicated team of staff and volunteers who have experience and passion for delivering the best possible service. This is a 365-day-a-year helpline which is open from 12 noon to 9pm.
The Sanctuary service is an evening offer as part of the district's Safe Spaces initiative and clients are referred by the First Response crisis support line as an alternative to A&E. You will work as part of a team of committed mental health practitioners who offer mostly one-to-one crisis support to clients attending pre-booked appointments at our city centre head office. This is a 365-day-a-year service which is offered from 6pm-1am.
- To provide telephone support to those clients that ring the Guide-Line service.
- To provide face to face support to those attending the Sanctuary service that may be experiencing a mental health crisis.
- To signpost to relevant services for additional support where necessary.
- To record information electronically via our recording systems.
- To work effectively with and to support other co-workers on shift.
- To provide telephone support to those in crisis that are unable to attend Sanctuary.
- To maintain up to date records of clients using these services
- To accept and work within the organisations policies and procedures and assist in promoting the organisations aims and objectives.
- To have an understanding of and commitment to equal opportunities and diversity.
- To remain calm under pressure and be able to manage your own workload.
- To commit to training and self-development and to undertake any training required to carry out the duties of the post.
- To promote all aspects of the service and enhance the public image of Mind in Bradford.
- To be familiar with and work within the policies, mission and values of the organisation.
- Ensure that the rights of people with mental health issues are respected and promoted throughout the organisation in accordance with its values and that clients are treated with respect at all times.
- Be familiar with the Mind in Bradford 'Code of Conduct' and to ensure that it is followed at all times by staff, volunteers and clients.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as required to ensure the smooth running of Mind in Bradford.
Relief Worker - Guide-Line and Sanctuary Job Description and Specification
Mind Employment Application Form
Mind Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form