Established in 2008, Hope Housing is a registered Christian charity working with people experiencing homelessness in Bradford. Our aim is to end rough sleeping in Bradford by eradicating homelessness through the provision of a range of services including crisis management, advice and advocacy and supported housing.
We believe it is a great privilege to help people experiencing homelessness by providing hope where they often feel there is none.
DO YOU WANT TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
We are very pleased to now have 3 Homeless Support Worker Jobs available:
- Full time permanent position (37.5 Hours per week)
- Part time permanent position (0.5 FTE, 18.75 Hours per week)
- Full time temporary Winter Outreach position (until end March 2020, 37.5 Hours per week)
Job Title: Positive Pathways out of Homelessness Worker
- Main Base: Hope Housing office.
- Salary: £20,495 p.a. / £10.51 per hour.
- Hours: 37.5/18.75 hours per week.
- Contract: Open ended.
- Clearance required: Enhanced DBS check.
THE PURPOSE OF THIS JOB IS:
- To manage and provide support for clients in our supported tenancies to maintain their accommodation.
- Provide outreach support to homeless people to support them in a pathway out of homelessness.
- Connect beneficiaries into social support within the wider community, including recovery groups, walking groups, and other local activities.
- Specialise working with EEA migrants with addiction issues to support them on a pathway out of homelessness.
- As a member of the team to contribute to fulfilling Hope Housing's vision for the eradication of homelessness in Bradford.
Applications for the post are invited from those who have the relevant skills, experience and passion by submission of a detailed CV and covering application letter to Helen Syrop (Hope Housing Project manager) via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only applications with covering letter will be considered.
Please also contact Helen Syrop if you require further information.
CVs should include: Name and contact details; Qualifications (level; date obtained; awarding body); Full employment history; Name of two referees (including current or most recent employer) – please indicate if these can be contacted after shortlisting
Covering letter should include: Why you are applying for the post; How you meet the essential and, if appropriate, desirable criteria; Confirmation that, if shortlisted, you are available for the interview date; Confirmation of right to work in the UK.
CLOSING DATE: 23:59, Tuesday 10th December 2019.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- provide crisis and where appropriate ongoing support for potential and actual clients with due consideration and understanding, and with regard to the organisation’s Equal Opportunities policy.
- provide clients with appropriate information and support regarding their needs, including advising on housing and other benefits, tenancy agreements etc.
- encourage clients to engage in recovery programmes, supporting volunteers to help clients in overcoming support needs, recovery from addictions, gaining employment, benefit entitlement etc.
- to assist in recruiting volunteers to fulfil the required functions of Hope Housing, to include befriending, hosting and other roles.
- to assist in the delivery of training, support and supervision to volunteers in all aspects of their duties including practical resources, information and expenses.
To carry out appropriate housing management functions in relation to Hope Housing properties and tenants. To include:
- assist in setting up new properties
- liaising with referring agencies and potential tenants to fill tenancies
- rents collection, including housing benefits applications and management
- voids management
- arranging and overseeing repairs and maintenance
- following warning / eviction procedures where necessary.
Be part of an on call rota for emergencies/crises.
To develop new partnerships with other relevant agencies, churches, landlords etc.
In all these functions, to involve volunteers, encouraging them to take appropriate levels of responsibility.
- to operate effective administrative systems and record keeping for the efficient running of the project, including paper and web-based systems as appropriate
- ensuring expenses and any petty cash held are well managed and monitored in line with appropriate policies
- use the monitoring systems in place to accurately record clients progress through our support and produce quarterly monitoring reports.
- to undertake any training and development opportunities as agreed
- to attend occasional conferences and events related to homelessness and the work of Hope Housing in agreement with line manager
- to undertake occasional tasks in cooperation with Hope Housing colleagues, as agreed within the context of the management structure, in order to gain additional skills and knowledge relevant and of use to the overall operation of Hope Housing.
- to work within the framework of values, ethos, policies and procedures set by the trustees
- to undertake additional tasks and responsibilities at the request of the Trustees and line manager
- to deputise on occasion and as appropriate for other colleagues as agreed with staff and trustees.
Holidays: 25 days p.a. + Statutory bank holidays (pro rata)
Pension: Hope Housing will make employer contributions to your pension as follows:
- 2% until you have completed one year of service.
- 3% from when you have completed one year’s service until you have completed two years’ service.
- 5% once you have completed two years’ service.
Office base: The office base is currently the Millside Centre, BD1 but this may change and you will be expected to relocate accordingly. The postholder will be required to travel to undertake duties and attend meetings. All reasonable expenses incurred will be reimbursed
Scope: This job description is intended to provide a guide to the general duties and responsibilities of the post. It should not be regarded as a contractual document. It will be reviewed regularly and may be varied at the discretion of Hope Housing. A more specific list of regular tasks will be agreed with your line manager.
Please have a look at our webpage: https://www.hopehousing.org.uk/