The following information is provided to assist staff joining the Royds Community Association to understand and appreciate the work content of their post and the role they are to play in the organisation. However, the following points should be noted:
- Whilst every endeavour has been made to outline all the duties and responsibilities of the post, a document such as this does not permit every item to be specified in detail.
- Role holders should not refuse to undertake work which is not specified in this document, but they should consider each request on a case by case basis in discussion with line management and where applicable additional work will be taken into account throughout the annual appraisal process.
The role reports to the CEO
Community Centre Management
- Ensure the smooth running of the Royds Community Centres of Woodside Village Centre and Delph Hill Community Centre including, but not limited to:
- Room/Hall bookings and all supporting documentation requirements
- Regular inspections to proactively support facilities-based remedial work
- Deal with enquiries from current and prospective centre users
- Liaise with other team members to ensure procedural requirements are followed in relation to finance, facilities and other community-based activity.
- Maintain accurate records for all community centre activity
- Maintain accurate controls for security and access of the community centres
- Implement positive and proactive processes throughout the management of the community centres
- Liaise with on-site contractors as required
Community Partnership Development & Management
- Develop strong partnerships in the community to develop the Royds brand into the heart of the community
- Develop new revenue channels within the community which Royds serves to increase returns whilst maximising community input
- Build on existing relationships to develop new initiatives and ideas across the community working with other community leaders, groups and the private sector
- From time to time and in support of Royds activities update social media pages with relevant posts
- Respond to and deal with questions and queries arising from social media pages
Line Management & Resource Management
- The role holder will line manage an existing team of exceptionally skilled resources delivering the Social Prescribing solution across the Royds area as well as additional services that tie into the community services including befriending
- Seek out opportunities to enhance and manage additional volunteers for in house or services run in partnership with other organisations
- Apply all usual line management activities in relation to day to day management, performance and appraisals
- Provide regular and effective management reports to the CEO
- Attend internal meetings and training programmes as required.
- The role holder is expected to be an advocate of Royds Community Association at all times when dealing with all external parties.
- From time to time the role holder may be asked to undertake a variety of other tasks across the Royds estate that are not specifically listed above.
- The post is primarily located at Woodside Community Centre but travel may be required to other Royds sites in order to undertake the role requirements.
- Due to the nature of organisation and the partners it works with, particular across its community function, the role may have a requirement to undertake work during unsociable hours
Accuracy & Efficiency
Must be able to work efficiently with an evolving workload whilst maintaining accuracy or administrative and financial records
Must be able to recognise the commercial implications of operating a charity with a large asset base
Must possess excellent inter-personal skills and be able to work with a number of stakeholders at all levels
Must recognise and be able to adapt to small business environment with a mix of commercial and charitable directions
Organisation & Time Keeping
Must be able to manage own time against workload and combine regular routine activity with varying ad hoc requests
Have the ability to emotionally understand what other people feel, see things from their point of view, in the community and their environment
Skills & Experience
Essential: A minimum of 3 GCSE’s at grade 4-9 or Cand above or equivalent, including Maths and English
Essential: Computer literate including use of basic MS applications of Word, Excel & PowerPoint
Essential: A good demonstrable experience of Social Media applications
Essential: Driving licence
Desirable: Knowledge and use of Sharepoint
Desirable: Previous demonstrable experience of accounting applications such as Xero
Royds Community Association is an equal opportunities employer and expects all it’s employees to accept and commit to the principles underlying Royds Community Association’s Equal Rights policies and practices.
The role holder will have access to confidential and sensitive information belonging to service users, volunteers or colleagues, disclosure of which could be prejudicial to Royds Community Association. Accordingly the role holder must maintain a high level of integrity within the role on a day to day basis.
Please apply online to email@example.com with a copy of your CV and stating how you meet the requirements for this post. Closing date for applications will be 5:00 pm on Sunday 13th June 2021.