Bradford is a resilient community and a city that has been through the mill, in more ways than one. Now enjoying a cultural renaissance, it’s a true Pennine city with lots in common with the nearby towns of Huddersfield and Halifax in particular.
Within the town centre of Bradford, lies a small but important organisation, the Bradford LGBTQ+ Strategic Partnership. Founded in 2009, this non-profit is home to 6 peer support groups, and a training academy. As Centre Manager you will be responsible for the smooth running of the organisation and overseeing the planning, organising, and co-ordination of the centre.
The Centre Manager will have responsibility for all aspects of staff management. This includes, but not exclusively limited to, future planning and strategy development, management of budgets, communications, working with the community, contract management, project development and seeking new opportunities by means of effective marketing, networking and innovative solutions.
Working closely with the Trustees and other staff and local statutory, voluntary and commercial sector organisations, the Manager will work to ensure the Centre is a vibrant, well-managed facility that operates within a sustainable framework for the benefit of those in need and organisations.
The Manager will be given a high degree of autonomy and will be self-motivated. The Board of Trustees, as line manager, will support and mentor the new Manager to aid them in achieving their full potential within the role.
Employer: Bradford LGBTQ+ Strategic Partnership (Equity Partnership)
Salary: SO2 £30,451 pro rata
Holidays: 28 days per year pro rata
Responsible to: The Board of Trustees
Type of Contract: Permanent
Purpose of the Post
To lead and manage the Equity Partnership (including The Equity Centre’s resources) to meet the needs of the LGBTQ+ communities by working strategically and in partnership within the Yorkshire region to influence policy, planning and service delivery to this group.
- Support the Board of Trustees in the development and implementation of strategic work of the organisation, as directed by the Board of Trustees
- Support the organisation’s vision and long-term sustainability
- Identify and help secure relevant specific grants or funding streams to secure income generation according to the business plan and the Equity Partnership funding cycle
- Accountable for the finances of the Equity Partnership on a day to day
- Develop and implement the Equity Partnership’s business plan and development strategy as directed by the Board of Trustees
- Develop/update and implement all policies and operational procedures relevant to the Equity Partnership
- Work with staff and Trustees to ensure sustainable fundraising activities are implemented in accordance with timescales set by the Board of Trustees
- Act as a role model for the LGBTQ+ community and demonstrate strong leadership by developing good working relationships with a range of relevant strategic and operational organisations and partnerships across the Bradford district
- Responsible for the effective overall management and running of the Equity Partnership and Equity Centre
- Responsible for all Equity Partnership premises in relation to building management and maintenance, accessibility, Health and Safety, and meet legal requirements according to the policies of the Equity Partnership
- Ensure all policies and operational procedures relevant to the Equity Partnership are developed and kept up to date, including relevant staff training is completed
- Understand and oversee the Equity Partnership’s legal and regulatory responsibilities
- Line management of staff and volunteers - including recruitment, selection, regular minuted supervision, training, development and appraisals
- Ensure that efficient day to day running of the organisation is enabled through effective handover and appropriate information transfer where part time working, annual leave or absence occurs
- Develop SMART action plans for staff and projects to ensure outcomes are met
- Establish monitoring and evaluation systems for staff and projects to ensure effective delivery and value for money
- Implement quality assurance and accountability in accordance with funding regulations
- Responsible for the compilation of monitoring reports to the funders/commissioners
- Carry out the duties of the post with due regard to Equality and Diversity, Equal Opportunities, anti–discriminatory practice and the Equity Partnership Code of Conduct
- Act as Safeguarding Officer for the organisation
- Actively participate in monthly (evening) board meetings and Board Working Groups as required
The post holder will report directly to the Board of Trustees