The Community Centre is a large Victorian building currently owned by Bradford Council and let to the Girlington Centre, which is in the process of negotiating a Community Asset Transfer. The building houses a team of workers providing advice services and a community health project team. The building is also used for community events and support groups. There are two long-term tenants and rooms are booked on a one-off basis for mehndis, birthdays, meetings, training etc.
- Responsible for ensuring the maintenance of the building and car park with particular attention to health and safety matters.
- Responsible for organising the setting up and preparing of rooms for training/ meetings/ social events/ lettings and clearing up afterwards.
- Responsible for existing tenants.
- Responsible for responding to reported faults and defects in the building, identifying repairs and improvements, and carrying out repairs where they fall within the post holder’s skill set. The post holder will be responsible for obtaining estimates and liaising with contractors for works outside their skillset.
- Responsible for arranging access to and safe exit from the building out of normal office hours.
- Responsible for liaising with two part-time cleaners
- Coordinating waste disposal, parking and building security matters
- Responsible for keeping the flower beds around the Centre tidy
- To undertake any other reasonable duty requested by the manager.
The successful candidate will require a standard DBS check which will be carried out by the Centre on start-up.
Job description and person specification