The purpose of the role is to develop services for people with Mental Health conditions. The Health Team consists of a Mental Health & Well-being Coordinator, a Mental Health Support Worker and two Link Workers.
- To identify the range of Mental Health conditions experienced by members of the community served by the Centre and develop services to meet these needs.
- To introduce arts-based therapies to these services.
- To ensure that these services meet the needs of a diverse and multicultural community and actively combat the effects of poverty and disadvantage.
- To develop positive, enabling and collaborative relationships with users of the centre and staff.
- To develop support plans with users and monitor progress.
- To assess levels of risk and agree risk management plans.
- To liaise with the Advice Team to ensure users are getting benefit entitlements
- To liaise with other services appropriate to user’s needs.
- To keep records and produce reports required by the Centre Manager and Funders.
- To provide training to colleagues aimed at increasing their awareness of mental health issues.
- To attend team meetings and staff meetings and take part in supervision.
- To attend training as appropriate.
- To comply with the centre’s Policies including the Confidentiality Policy and Equal Opportunities Policy.
A DBS check will be required and this will be carried out at start-up
The role is for 18 hours a week, worked flexibly.
Job description and person specification