ACORN is looking for a Community Organiser to build power to fight for social and economic change in Bradford, to start work on 14th March 2022
ACORN is a mass membership organisation and a direct action community union. By taking action on issues that affect us, we win real changes to our lives and build power in our communities. For more information, read our 'About ACORN' page here and the ACORN Platform here.
About the job
As a community organiser with ACORN, you will be responsible for recruiting, supporting and working with members to take action on issues affecting them and the communities they come from.
ACORN is a union in the community. Like any union our members pay membership dues so that they can have a sustainable independent organisation to fight for their interests.
You will be the organiser for ACORN in Bradford. Your daily work will involve:
- Recruiting individual ACORN Members through door-knocking, social media and other means (door-knocking takes up around 50% of our organisers’ time),
- Managing organising drives to build new and maintain existing ACORN branches, groups, and teams,
- Identifying issues of common concern at the neighbourhood and wider level,
- Identifying and supporting potential leaders to enable them to take on leadership roles in the organisation, and
- Supporting elected leaders to enable them to carry out their roles.
- Make a copy and complete the full Application Form, referring to the Job Description & Selection Criteria.
- Save your completed application form as a PDF with the file name <YOUR NAME, role> e.g. JANE SMITH Bradford CO.pdf
- Submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Application: Bradford Community Organiser’ as the subject line
- Once you have submitted your application please complete this diversity monitoring form