Relief Worker – Wellbeing
- Do you want to be part of making a positive difference to the mental health & wellbeing of the people in our community?
- Are you passionate about supporting others with mental health issues?
If so, we would love to hear from you.
We are looking for someone with experience of working in a mental health setting, supporting adults who have face mental health challenges to join our Wellbeing Service.
Purpose of the post
- This role involves providing relief cover for Mind in Bradford’s Wellbeing service.
- The Wellbeing service is for residents of Bradford, Craven, Airedale and Wharfedale and supports the development and delivery of a district wide programme of recovery and maintenance focussed activities and groups to a broad range of clients. There is a dedicated team of staff and volunteers who have experience and passion for delivering the best possible service.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- You will support the development and delivery of a district wide programme of recovery and maintenance focussed activities and groups to a broad range of clients.
- Facilitating practical support groups for mental health recovery that can be delivered at the Mind in Bradford HQ or in other locations or via zoom.
- Support colleagues working with you on shift.
- Cover shifts which may fall on days / evenings and weekends.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Experience of working with adults who have or have had mental health challenges in a mental health setting.
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent proven communication and organisational skills
- Ability to encourage, engage and involve people in ways that promote their involvement, independence, resilience and achieve positive changes in their lives.
- Understanding of current issues faced by people with mental health issues and the effectiveness of talking therapies and group sessions.
Salary scale: £11.87 per hour - pay is reviewed after 6 months
Hours: Relief Post only – to work across days, evenings and weekends – Will need to be available most week days between 11am and 7pm
Base: Kenburgh House, 28 Manor Row, Bradford, BD1 4QU
Responsible to: Service Manager
Probationary period: 6 months
Closing Date: Monday 15th August 2022 at 10am
Interview Date: Week commencing 22nd August 2022
In the first instance any enquiries to be emailed to email@example.com
HOW TO APPLY
Please follow the link below for full details on our website.
- Please email your completed application form, Wellbeing Relief Shift Availability form and Equal Opportunities Form in word format (as an attachment) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Due to the volume of anticipated interest in this role it is not possible for us to give feedback to non-shortlisted applicants
- Mind in Bradford is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and all successful applicants will be asked to apply (through Mind in Bradford) for an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and a right to work in the UK check.
- CVs will not be accepted.