Men Standing Up is a support service for male victims and survivors of domestic abuse. We provide a range of services including:
- Confidential telephone helpline, this is the first point of contact where victims/survivors/ agencies can access information and support around their domestic abuse situation. Signposting service to other specialist services such as legal, police, health, counselling. Ongoing emotional support, arrange appointments and assessments for our other services.
- Floating Support in the community, providing support around safety, drawing up safety plans, support and risk planning, attending appointments, rehousing into safe accommodation.
- Temporary emergency accommodation , our crash pad/sanctuary accommodation provides short term accommodation for male victims who are in need of emergency accommodation for their safety.
- Long term accommodation - we provide fully furnished longer term accommodation with intensive support to male victims of domestic abuse.
- Peer support group - We hold a peer support group meeting on a monthly basis where male victims can meet to carry out activities and support each other to re-integrate back into the community without fear and oppression.
Each referral into the service will be assessed to see how the service can accommodate their needs.